Re: Cooling Overkill

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 07:08:33 EDT

> I don't think that's overkill at all. But my father hasn't had any
> problems yet hauling his 25' travel trailer with his 360 Durango - only
> done one summer though so far.

See that is odd......from what I have read online, the 5.9L 3/4 Ton Rams
seem to run warm all the time, maybe there is a weight factor between the
Durango and the Ram? Still it couldnt be that much of a weight difference.
Anyways, with the auto transmission being a failure prone part in the Ram
world, I figured once I find a Ram I would have the tranny fluid serviced
with the 100% fluid replacement service(along with new filter of course). I
found one person online who actually did install an electric fan on the
tranny cooler with a cab mounted auxil. switch. As far as a cab mounted
auxil switch for a radiator electric fan, I dont know if it could be done. I
mean there would already be the large stock belt driven clutch fan, so
clearance between this fan and the radiator might be a problem. Since the
tranny cooler is mounted infront of the radiator, the only auxil. tranny
cooler fan I could put on would be infront of the tranny cooler, so it would
be a 'pusher style' fan, rather than a puller.........and I dont know if
this would be 100% effective in trying to cool the tranny fluid. It may help
out somewhat, especially at lower speeds, just not sure if it would help
that much. Any thoughts?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6