Re: Cooling Overkill

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 09:11:59 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2001 6:08:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< See that is odd......from what I have read online, the 5.9L 3/4 Ton Rams
 seem to run warm all the time, maybe there is a weight factor between the
 Durango and the Ram? Still it couldnt be that much of a weight difference.
 Anyways, with the auto transmission being a failure prone part in the Ram
 world, I figured once I find a Ram I would have the tranny fluid serviced
 with the 100% fluid replacement service(along with new filter of course). >>

My dad's put about 150,000 on his 96 3500 Ram Van and his only cooling
problem was losing an expansion plug.. we never had it even warm up any
extra running a CGVW of around 25,000# . The tranny was acting up a little
bit around 50-70K miles. but changing the fluid to synthetic fixed that..
and it's been fine ever since.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd