Re: New Track Times For V6

From: Daniel D (barracuda19@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 00:01:18 EDT

i'm shifting right before red line, i don't remember rpm across the line,
but i shift into 3rd around 70 i think and i cross the finish line around
80.

Daniel

From: Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: New Track Times For V6
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:20:53 -0400

At 07:55 PM 6/3/01 +0000, you wrote:
>My exhast is a 2.5" pipe with a 2 chamber flowmaster with a turndown,
>i also gutted the cat, I've thought about trying to run it with the V6 TB,
>i'll prob try that next time, and i am shifting it manually, it is in 3rd
>for
>a very little while, then i cross the line, i still think it should have
>run
>faster even though it was very hot and humid, i dunno though, any
>thoughts about whether i should run 3.9 or 4.11? Daniel

What rpms are you manually shifting at? The "in 3rd for a very little
while" suggests that you might be doing the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts above
their optimum points. Also, what is your rpm when crossing the line?

To answer your 3.9 or 4.11 question, you would need to know the rpms
at which your peak torque and peak horsepower occur. Otherwise,
it would be pure guesswork.

Bob