RE: Wax

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 08:42:26 EDT

Good Morning Bill!

Waxes do not build layers. As you apply a new coat of wax, you actually
remove the old as you apply the new coat. In other words, you are simply
trying to maintain a full coat of wax every time you wax. As Tim Althoff
(yllwdkta) replied, Zaino is a polishing system. Everything from the car
wash, the pre-lock, Z-5 (scratch filler), Z-2 (99.9% optically clear finish
coat), and Z-6 is a anti-static spray-on for those in-between coats, they
all build layers. I put two coats of Z-5 on in November (I took delivery in
October and ordered it right away) and did not touch it until the beginning
of May. The water was still beading up like a I had just done it! I did not
go through a car wash, only power spray with water to get the salt off.
Don't forget to do the clay-bar first to remove the brake dust and rail dust
from the paint.

Sal Zaino was a 20 year veteran body painter and was disappointed with the
efforts of waxes and polishes and that they didn't last very long. He did
his homework and the product speaks for itself. You will be amazed at how
smooth the finish is. I found this through a co-worker that owns a Firebird
and the newsgroups he belongs to pointed him to it. The depth of the shine
with waxes can be measured with a ruler. The depth of the Zaino is in the
yardstick range!

Check it out....you will not be disappointed!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU