Re: GenIII Dakota Problems

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:23:18 EDT

Yep, bad belly pan, and bad pinging.

the ball joints are another thing. I work at an alignment shop and to all
the DMLers out there. before someone tells you that you have bad ball
joints, ask them "how much play was in the ball joints"

Even with my 2wd dakota which is allowed .020 of play, I thought they were
bad with the "shake" method. Then I put a good dial indicator on it and
tested it out and it was well within specs. 4wd dakotas have .060 play so
it may "look" like they're bad, but they're still within specs.

just an FYI for those that might get ripped a new one for needing new ball
joints when you really don't. Don't get me wrong though, on some bad ball
joints, I can tell that they're way out of specs without a dial indicator,
but I wouldn't get mad to go back and spec something out for a customer that
asks.
-Chuong