Buzzing noise from passenger A-Pillar

From: TX QC2000 (txqc2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 18:45:34 EDT

I just returned from an extended 3000+ mile trip from
TX-CA-TX. The QC performed great, especially in the
mountains of Taos, NM., and I got to meet the famous
Ron Wong in So. California!!

During the trip, my truck developed a constant and
annoying buzz sound which seems to be coming from the
passenger side A-Pillar vicinity. It only starts to
buzz @ speeds at or greater than 65 mph and seems to
be wind-related in part, b/c the noise will stop
momentarily when I pull up along side an 18 wheeler,
and will resume after I've passed the truck. I know
it is not from the car antenna b/c I took it off for a
while to see if it eliminated the noise -- it didn't.
Also, I know it is not caused by the windshield wipers
b/c when I turn them on, the noise is unaffected. The
only other possibilities I can think of are the side
mirror and/or the Weatherflector -- but I don't get a
similar noise on the driver's side of the truck.
Nothing else seems loose outside the truck, under the
truck, inside the engine bay, etc.

Ron Wong mentioned that he's heard this noise on his
5.9L QC also, as has someone else on the Edmunds
board. Has anyone else experienced this noise and
know of a solution to same? Thanks in advance.

=====
'00 Quadcab SLT+ Garnet Red 4x4 (AWD) 5.9L 46RE 3.55 LSD. For list of modifications to my QC, see my profile:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Vof5jrNb0pR1M/

For pictures of my QC & Accessories: http://www.geocities.com/txqc2000