Re: Drove a 3.7 Jeep Liberty today!

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 11:30:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/01 8:27:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, alexreed@home.com
writes:

<< I like it, of course I do sell cars so that may affect my opinion. We had
a training class on the Liberty and they had an area dug out fresh and drove
a Liberty down and back up the other side. The fourwheel drive system is
effective and seems to hold its own. The rear cargo area is a bit tight, but
it is a compact made to take on the Crv and Rav4. Plenty of rear legroom and
to me it had plenty of get up and go. I have a '99 Dak. 318 manual, so im
used to power, all in all, I like it.

 AR >>
 Yea, I really like it too. I might be biuying one. The wife wants for a
daily driver. You guys who think its some Suzuki sidekick really need to
check it out. I went and beat on one for a hour. I then took it the next day
and was allowed to do some offroading. It really is a Jeep. The 8 inches of
suspension travel is really nice, very solid. It reminds me of a
wrangler,only bigger with more utility. I was very surprised by how much hip
and shoulder room it had,being of manly proportions myself. ;) The backseat
is even decent. A 5000 tow rating will tow my dak to the track.
 The salesmen had said that they got to go down to the proving grounds and
try the other SUVs in its class. Apparently they had a tug-of-war with the
Ford Mistake(I mean Escape),RAV, and the Honda. They said the Liberty just
drug around the others pretty bad. I know it has upset some of the Jeep
purists with the IFS,but it is soo not like all the other mall SUVs.
Tom