V6'ers with Superchargers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 19:51:53 EDT

Well,

I went on Marty's recommendation (and Flowkooler as well) and stuck a
160 Degree T'Stat and Flowkooler water pump (with 1-can of DEI Radiator
Relief and 3/4 gallon of coolant). First off, I drained and flushed the
entire cooling system (block, coolant reservoir, and radiator). Stuck
the 160 in there, removed the factory water pump and replaced it with a
Flowkooler pump, and filled it all back up with fresh water, DEI, and
coolant.

165-168 degrees MAX with the A/C ON and idling for 20 minutes. Took her
out and drove her around for a bit (again, with the A/C on) and she
never got about 165. Power-wise...WOW!! The Supercharged V6's REALLY
like the 160 degree T'Stat. :)

Coolant Temp: http://www.speedtweaks.net/images/20minutesIdle_withAC.jpg

Water Pump Comparison: http://www.speedtweaks.net/images/Old_New.jpg
(Flowkooler on LEFT)

Pulley System w/New Lower Radiator Hose and Flowkooler Installed:
http://www.speedtweaks.net/images/PulleySystem.jpg

- Bernd