Re: Car Ware...BEWARE

From: Bill Pruitt (wpruitt1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 11:08:52 EDT

Here is another link to check different state motor vehicle laws.
http://fmvss108.tripod.com/statelaws.htm

I am not a lawyer, nor am I any more knowledgeable on this matter than 60
minutes of reading various websites can make a person. But...
I would not want to be in a serious accident with modified and "possibly"
non-compliant safety equipment. In this day and age the lawyers are just
too hungry.

It "appears" that clear tail light assemblies are not in compliance with
federal safety standards.
Are the clear turn signal assemblies non-compliant? Is it a problem with
law enforcement?
I don't know. But I tell you this, in my opinion, if a cop wants to check
you out, clear lighting assemblies might just give him/her a reason.

I once had tail light covers on the back of my DAK. They looked pretty
cool. Then one day I saw another car get rear-ended. Not bad, but several
thousand dollars in damage. I got to thinking, and took my covers off. I
want my stop lights to be as bright and as red as possible.

I am not saying don't buy the turn signal assemblies. Make your own
decision. But at least now it will be a somewhat informed decision.

Best regards to ALL. I mean no harm to anyone on this or any other list.

Bill Pruitt
'01 QC 4.7, Auto, Flo-Pro exhaust, K & N Homebrew 3" Air Intake
Downey SST Tarp, Viper Alarm, RhinoLiner
"Tail-Gate Open" warning light
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/billspages/