Re: Engine and Transmission Oil Cooling Questions

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 09:21:08 EDT

Don, could you post a little more info about this oil cooler you have on
your dak? I am VERY interested in installing an oil cooler on my '00 4.7L,
and would like to know what kind of cooler you are runnning,how the install
went, and how effective it is. Thanks,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: MALDBNSF@aol.com

All cars I ever seen have a tranny cooler mated inside the main radiator,
Just look for to small pipes coming out of the main radiator. I think they
are about 3/8 of a inch Just tap in to the one that flows back to the
tranny.
And your right a transmission oil cooler is never a bad thing, and an engine
oil cooler would be beneficial as well. I have installed an oil cooler on my
Dak. Hope you get what you want for you B-day <{;-)

Don M

http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!