Re: DML BBQ

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 07:29:26 EDT

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted anything to the list, but this
weekend definitely required a post or two :-)

> I just wanted to post a message to thank everyone who made it to the
> DML BBQ this weekend; I think its fairly safe to say a good time was had
> by all! :-) If you didn't make it out, you missed a good one!

A "good time" is putting it quite mildly :-) It was a blast as usual.
Special thanks to you Jon for allowing us onto your property to cause such
havoc. :-) I hope we cleaned up enough afterwards. I always feel like we
didn't do enough whenever we leave your place to thank you for everything
you do for us.

> Peter Cutler brought 4 other Jeeps from his off-road club, all of whom
> were a pleasure to wheel with. Andy Levy and Dakota Dodge did all of
> Dak-dom proud, walking through several spots with their stock trucks
> where some modified Jeeps needed to be tugged or winched out. In fact,
> not a single Dak got stuck the entire weekend! Nothing against the Jeeps
> or their drivers, the Daks were simply better suited to this particular
> mud. :-)

I have to admit after seeing all the Jeeps get stuck, I'm rethinking my
wishes for a jeep as an offroad vehicle. No offence to Jeep owners, but
unless they are massively built up.. they can't handle this terrain as well
as a stock Dakota can.

> I'm sure we'll have a meet report along with video up shortly; I
> definitely want to get this one up fairly quickly. Oh, and in case
> you're wondering, yes, we did convoy down to the ice cream stand
> this year. :-) 10 trucks went down, most of which were absolutely
> plastered with mud. The looks we got as we drove along and especially
> when we rumbled into the parking lot was worth the trip right there! :-)
> Like I said, hopefully we'll get some pics, words, and vids up for you
> to check out soon, I've got a lot of video to digitize, and lots of pics
> to scan. :-)

I don't think Jason and I should get involved in helping with this years'
meet report if you want it up quickly.... LOL... I guess we're just
slowpokes and being perfectionists usualy means always being late for us :-)

> Mark your calendars for the 4th Annual DML BBQ and Trail Ride,
> Friday and Saturday July 5-6, 2002!

Marked and reserved already :-)

Norah
current: '01 Dakota Sport black 4x4 QC V8/4.7L/Auto
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
previous: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8/5.2L/Auto