Re: DML BBQ

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 07:46:07 EDT

Hi Again :-)

> Well, everyone that attended i'm sure will be thanking you Jon!!!
> We DEFINITELY had an absolutely fantastic time once again, and i'm looking
> forward to next year, especially since i should have my next Dak by then.
> And i'll be able to rip it up properly, not like with the crappy rental
> Explorer that got hung-up on about a 6-inch mud ledge, what a joke of a
> "truck". hehe

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... yes... that Exploder was not much of a joy to be in as a
passenger. The seats are not as comfy, that stupid running board on such a
low vehicle was ridiculous and annoying, and the fact that only one door had
key access was unbelievable. Confirms my original opinion of Ford quite
nicely... HUGE MISTAKE :-)

> The jeep people were indeed quite nice, i spoke with one of the guys quite
> at length, he was good fellar, and just liked hitting the mud like the
rest
> of us. :)

I agree... they seemed quite impressed with the trails and that last
gentleman and his son that stayed behind and hung with us for awhile, was
especially nice. Too bad the rest seems a bit "cliquey" and preferred
hanging out amongst ourselves rather than mingle with us "Dakota" folk ;-)
But that's ok... I can understand being intimidated by all those capable
Dakotas and Jon's Ram (the Mud Power Beast). But seriously, I have found
in our 4x4 club here in town, the exact same thing--most of the Jeep owners
tended to stick to themselves more. But there was always a rebel or two
that didn't...lol :-)

> The mud pit was an especially nice touch this year, and i'm REALLY looking
> for to either an obstacle course, or mud race track. hehehe
> But, i'm starting to think that i should keep my "ideas" to myself, as
they
> seemed to cause quite a fuss when people actually listen to me.
> BUT!!!! They also made for some of the most memorable moments during the
> weekend, everyone has to agree to that!!!!
> Especially you Norah!!! hehehehehehehe

Hmmmm...... I have to admit Adam, when you suggested we put a tarp in our
bed and fill it up with water.. I thought you were nuts... but it was a
great idea. Once it got dark tho... it started to remind me of "Ilegal
Chemical Dumping"... hehehehehe :-) We did go over our cargo limit for the
V6 by who knows how much... but watching the bed rise while dumping the
water into the mud pit was quite amazing. Our V6 managed to impress me
again :-)

The "Mud Pit" was a great idea Jon. I can't wait to see what evil plans you
have up your sleeve for next year.... wooooohoooo :-)

> It really was a spectacular event, i encourage anyone with a 4x4 who is
> anywhere near New York state to try and attend next year's BBQ.

AGREED!!!!!! It truly was a spectacular event. Jason and I plan our
summers around this event every year.

Norah
current: '01 Dakota Sport black 4x4 QC V8/4.7L/Auto
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
previous: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8/5.2L/Auto