Re: Installed true duals, lost horsepower????

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 08:30:55 EDT

> 1) A/F ratio - if you are getting more exhaust out and the computer is
not
> compensating properly then you may end up hurting yourself.

MOST LIKELY THE PROBLEM, I WILL MOVE THE O2 SENSOR TODAY!

> 2) Spark timing - if you get more exhaust out you actually typically need
> less timing - since backpressure acts like an internal EGR and
reduces A/F
> charge quality

STILL RUNNING MOPAR COMPUTER, I MAY GO TO BIGGER INJECTORS IF IT IS TOO LEAN

> 3) Improper Cam timing / primary exhaust system (stock cam and
manifolds).
> if you have a crappy setup (like from the factory) then you can loose
hp
> below your torque peak, though ONLY below the torque peak. This
> could be remidied by a better set of headers, which would pick up
power
> across the board.

CAM TIMING SET CORRECTLY, THE POWER I LOST SEEMS TO BE AT HIGH RPM, NOT LOW.

> Chris Bennight

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)