Dying Fuel Pump?

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 18:56:21 EDT

Awww Crap...
       Well to make a great vaction even better....(said with EXSESIVE
sarcasm) I got rear ended, screwed up my roll pan and bed side, amplifier is
acting up severly puzzingly, and nwo I think my fuel pump is going out....

At last stop before getting home I noticed a odd whinnign sound when the
ignition was on, so I turned the truck off/on and it was there for a second
adn then went awwy, so I filled er up and headed home. Got to my cousins
house, same noise, so I turned it off and help him unpack, got back in
started it up, NOTHIN...

So I come home and pull into the driveway, and there's that damned noise yet
again! The truck is still running just fine, but it is comming from the area
of the fuel tank (and there is NOTHING else down in that area that moves, and
it sounds like a GM fuel pump (when you first turn the car on) I just never
heard this before...

Greg

PS I fill up at 1/2 tank, so it's not outa gas!