V6 problems

From: miggitymike (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 14:52:22 EDT

Hey guys,
here's the story. A buddy of mine with a 93 6er swapped out his A500 for an
94 A518 out of a V8. The install was flawless. Bolted right up. We retained
the A500's speed sensor, and the new tranny goes into OD right when it's
supposed to, Cruise works, everything is a-okay....
BUT... the truck is SOOOOOOO SLLOOOOWW now. This used to be a mid 15sec 6er,
now it's very sluggish. Won't even break the tires loose on a turn. It's
runnin' mega-rich and lots of black smoke comes out of the tailpipe when he
gooses it. I don't *think* it's tranny related, but who knows...
any suggestions?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

-miggity