Re: Wrecked Dak: UPDATE

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 20:59:59 EDT

Chris-

Is it possible for you to find your own quality body shop to make an
estimate independent of the insurance company and their shop?

If the other cars insurance is covering this, you have more leverage
against them.

On the rental car, often the insurance company can get you a special
institutional rate. I got a car from Hertz old H.I.R.E. agency at half
what I could get with my standard AAA discount. So, on a weekly basis, you
might be able to get a half decent car for $22-25 a day. If it's the other
guys insurance, you can demand more money than $22 a day. Their standard
rate doesn't apply to you.