re: Re: camper shells

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 01:10:48 EDT

Bruce,

I can't speak for 4.7 GenIII owners, but as an owner of a GenII I can tell
you what I know.

I just put my topper back on my Dak this past weekend...('94 Dak CC Sport,
5.2 auto, Mopar headers, 3" cat back, Flowmaster 2 chamber Delta Flow) and I
think it's quieter than without it. I had the topper stored about 120 miles
away, so I had a good chance to listen to it on the way home!

I can't imagine a topper adding noise to a truck, since they are made of
fairly thick fiberglass. I've never seen any difference in mileage with or
without the topper, but it feels quite a bit quicker without it. (I'm going
to guess mine weighs about 200 pounds).

Just my .02 cents worth!

Later,
Brett Forehand