Selling Stuff II

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 23:52:32 EST

Just a short note as follow up.

Turns out the guy is a Dakota RT owner. Figures.

I have been there for all Dakota owners for over 3 years now. As most
of you know, I have helped out our cause in a lot of cases with new
products, testing, writing, promotions and shows. The few times I have
sold the stuff that i got deals on, there was never any problems, except
the couple of times an RT owner was buying the stuff. This is not BS,
but reality. Each time something was purchased from me by a RT owner,
there was a problem.

When items went up for sale last month from the DACUDA build up, the
wheels were bought by someone who committed to the purchase. Another RT
owner emailed first, but would not commit. The same thing happened with
the second set of fuel rails. They went up for sale, one guy emailed
first and then a RT owner emailed. Well, they were committed to by the
first guy, so the RT owner was upset and said I screwed them. When the
brake issues were flying around on the RT forum, they were upset that I
would not show them how to custom fit the Viper brakes on their trucks.
They were upset that I would not manufacture a kit (what in my
garage?). Then when they were available for sale, nobody wanted the
kit. And it was cheap as compared to doing it themselves.

Oh well, so much for my ranting, sorry so long. I have just had it with
the RT clubs and their members. I will thought remember their treatment
of me when I am working at Sport Truck or another truck related magazine
in the near future.

I do truly appreciate the support from the DML. You guys were there
first and always have been there. Thanks.

Jim Harmon
DACUDA II (less)
now 95 lifted Wrangler