Re: Re: timing chain/gear-drive questions (last time I PROMISE)

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 19:21:18 EST

Aaron,

Ooh, I hope I havent done anything like bent valves or something... what
would be a symtom of bent valves? I will be ordering the parts for the job
in the next couple days... if this could make my truck run better.

Do you know if

having slack in the timing chain could cause my truck to ping? I know I
should probably be able tell the answer to that question, but I honestly
have no idea...

Also,

Timing being off to the slightest degree affects performance quite a bit
right?

Wes