Re: Hurst or Other Shifter Results

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 07:56:37 EST

OK Andy you twisted my arm. The Hurst shifter I installed was not designed
for the NV-3500 gearbox in the 2001 BUT I made it fit perfectly. There are a
couple of things you have to do. You cannot use the OEM shift boot but
there's one at PepBoys for $12 that works great. Shift lever has to be bent
back about 1 inch so it won't hit the dash. I bent mine back AND over toward
the drivers side, put it right beside my leg.
    All in all it's a hell of a Shifter. Has an extremely tight shift
pattern. 1st to 2nd has about a 4 inch throw and 2nd to 5th has less than 5
inches. The 1st/2nd gate to the 5th/rev gate is only about 1-1/2 inches.
    It takes a lot of getting used to. I found down shifts take getting used
to because you tend to pull 5th to 4th toward you. You'll end up in 2nd and
not 4th if you don't just let the lever find the gate by itself.
    It also is a little noisier because there is no nylon bushing at the end
of the shifter like the OEM shifter. Remember this is a competition shifter.
I LUV IT. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperChargeded, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A
HREF="http://SouthernMopar.org">Southern Mopar</A>