Re: RE: heat not working that good

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 02:27:55 EST

That may only be a problem when you go all the way down to the 160. The 180
in my truck has kept me plenty warm so far this winter and all through last
winter.

BTW, there is no "wind chill" on the radiator - wind chill is the perceived
lower temperature due to the evaporation of moisture from the skin of an
animal. Mechanical things do not "feel" wind chill. Driving the truck
before it's up to temperature, however, will cause it to take longer to get
to temp because the moving air pulls heat away from the engine faster. But
that air still "feels" the same temperature as far as the engine & radiator
are concerned.

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> On the heating issue, a colder t'stat will make the heater run colder as
> well...if it's really cold outside (we're at 30-34 degrees)...it will
> run a lot colder due to the wind chill on the radiator (from driving).
> I've got a 160 in my V6 and the heater doesn't warm up very much in this
> weather...but it still is warm enough to "toast" my tootsies in the
> winter.
>
> - Bernd

-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com