i know im going to the extreme before i really know whats wrong but..........

From: Ryan G. (gogglesqq@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 14:49:02 EST

Ballpark figure: A new 3.9 Magnum fuel injected assembly. How much $$? My
engine has been knocking, pinging, leaking, and weak (even for a V6) since
day one. And now my worst fear is happening i believe. Im pretty sure im
burning oil. Ive been smelling that lovely odor for a couple weeks now and
just last week i had an oil change done but it is black already and smells
burnt. I watched the oil change being done so i know its not the same oil
that was in there 6000 miles ago. As of yesterday i cant get it to run for
more than 20 seconds. It starts and chugs and idles with very little power
and there is a foul burning smell that i cant pinpoint. The power wheels
toy i had as a kid had more balls. So if all is wrong that i fear to be
wrong it may be cheaper to just get a new engine plus with a fresh engine i
could do all the things i always wanted to.