89 Dakota 3.9L

From: Gus (crtech@hot.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 15:33:03 EST

I have a 89 dak with a 3.9L in it. I recently killed the engine and
therefor need to replace it. Being an 89 it is the standard 3.9L and not
the Magnum. Since I am replacing the engine I was wondering how hard it
would be to put in a magnum into it. I have searched the website and have
not found much information on it. I did see awhile back that the heads and
intake were different. What else is different between the standard and
magnum 3.9L engine?

I found quite a bit of information on putting in a V8. I have a good V8 and
transmission for it but don't really want to spend the money on this right
now.

Anyone out there have any good information on doing this?

Thank You.