Re: Next gen Dakota wish list

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 20:54:23 EST

Alex Ross wrote:

> Thought it might be interesting to see what you guys would like ma Mopar
> to change/add/redesign/offer/improve on the next generation Dakotas (due
> out in the 2003 model year, I think). Here's my ideas:

2004, actually.

> Improve braking (via 4-wheel discs and/or multi-piston front calipers)

The new Ram has 4-wheel discs, the '03 Durango will as well. Let's hope...

> Improved HVAC controls (I think this may be addressed on the 2001-02
> models, not sure)

How so? On my '99 they're pretty good, aside from having to run the A/C if
I want both dash and foot vents running.

> Improve build quality/reliability

Seems to be hit or miss. My '99 has been pretty good.

> Redo R/T package to incorporate the new Hemi engine (or at least the 4.7
> HO from the Jeep GC)
> Offer R/T package on quad-cabs
> Offer manual tranny on all engines (or at least on R/T package)
>
> Any other ideas out there??

More ground clearance
"Cleaner" underside (less things to hang up on rocks and collect mud)
Factory locker at least in the rear (Even Toy TuRDs have this!)
Room for larger tires
Real skidplates & tow hooks, from the factory
More aggressive stance
Better back-up lights
MORE POWER! (who can argue with that?)
Please, for the love of God, don't make it suck. If that M80 concept is
any hint of the next Dak, I'll keep my '99 forever.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com