RE: Re: RE: Gibson Exhaust

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 08:27:30 EST

Eric,
I have the 3" single side exit. I've had numerous people tell me it sounds
like duals, and when I tell them its a single, they can't believe it. It
does sound good!

Regarding gas mileage, yes it will be affected, but you won't mind. My
mileage increased an honest 18%! :'B You simply can't loose with this
system.

I purchased the regular aluminized steel system, not the stainless steel
one. I called Gibson before ordering and ask them how long the regular
system would last. They told me approximately 15 years depending on winter
road treatments in my region. The system has been on for roughly 6 years
now, and it looks better than my stock system did after 6 months.

The muffler inlet neck cracked about 1½ years ago. Called Gibson and had a
no charge replacement in the mail a couple days later. (I did have to
return the bad muffler for their inspection.) No complaints, they stand
behind their products. I'd buy another on in a flash. Hope this helps.
Rich