Re: Time for a new truck

From: Joe Levy (JRLevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 22:25:01 EST

I've got the 5.9 in my Durango (is it OK if I post here - Andy posts to
the DOC) and pulled a 4000 lb (dryweight) trailer with ease. This year I
move up to a 4600 lb unit.
When figuring tow weight, be sure to include all the extras (like
awning, A/C unit, microwave, etc., as well as food and clothing. Then
add in the weight you've put in the truck (family and gear), and you'll
find yourself tipping the scales at 5000+.
Don't mean to knock the 4.7, it's a great engine, but for towing, you
can't go wrong with the 5.9.
And... don't forget to get the HD/Trailer Tow Package and the 3.92 Axle.