Spark Plugs; Questions and Comments

From: John (jkp_61@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 13:41:05 EST

   Well I sent this when the list was down so I'll try
again. I was just wondering why it seems that most
everyone on this list promotes Autolite Sparkplugs.
Isn't Champion the preferred Chrysler brand? I admit
that Champion went to crap in the 80s and I don't use
them myself, but Cooper Automotive was supposed to fix
that when they bought them out. I also admit that
Autolite makes a good plug, it's just that they are a
sister company to Fram which relies on it's
advertising instead of making quality products.[Its
pretty bad when a dealer says your engine warranty is
void because you have a Fram filter on your Dodge. So
I did comparisons myself and I don't use them
anymore{years ago}]So what may carry over to the other
sister companies? Also, why was it said that Platinum
plugs don't work well in the Dodge Magnum engines? I
have used the regular Bosch Platinum and now have the
Bosch Platinum+4's and they are fine and I am
impressed with them. Of course they are a true
Platinum plug, not like Autolites and others that just
have a platinum tip attached. Not trying to ruffle
anyones feathers, just my opinion.jkp

=====
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~John