Re: Hughes Engines' response on KRC's 4.7L HO Cams...

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 21:34:32 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Bullerman" <hemi287@comcast.net>
Subject: DML: Hughes Engines' response on KRC's 4.7L HO Cams...
<snip>> Paul,
> If they are only $200 a pair I will buy them just to regrind them
> for our cams. I would think the price would be closer to $200 or
> more each. <snip>. We are still working out
> the bugs. >snip>. As a side note, there is NOT a lot of interest in
mods for this engine.
> Dave
> Hughes Engines inc.
>
> Any input on this????
> Paul

Yes, here's something for Mr. Hughes.
Called my friend today, the parts manager at Ricart Chrysler/Jeep in
Columbus, and had him look up the 4.7L HO cams.
Left side = 53021411AB
Right side = 53021412AB
$73.60 Each, US, retail. 20% less if you're a business.

Hughes apparently hasn't even priced them, much less bought any to regrind
or test if he didn't know this.

If one wants to see if there's any interest in modifying the 4.7 one needs
look no further than DodgeDakotas.com. Lots of post there about it every
day. Guess he doesn't spend much time on the web.:)

Ray