Re: Videotaping the BBQ trail runs

From: Michael Clark (dml@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 12:09:47 EDT

> There's no good tiedown points that I can find. Besides, having a

Andy what about this.... Use the rear seat belts as an achor point. You
could use some of those motorcycle "cinch" type straps and tie the tripod
off to the seat belts in the rear. Now for the front I don't know what you
could use. Maybe use another cinch strap and hook it to the seat rail under
the front seat?????

> > Hey, you know what would be cool is to take a piece of 2" square
> > tubing, and just have a piece that slips into the trailer hitch, then

> I'll let you do that with *your* camera, Jon. My electronics stay
> safely within the confines of the cab. Which reminds me...I better pack
> lots of GPS batteries.

I definately like this idea!!! I don't blame you Andy for not wanting to
mount a new camera on the outside of the truck, but that's what old Ebay
camcorders are good for. OR, one of those X10 wireless jobs.... use one of
those (only about $49.00 or so) and run the vid/aud into your new camera (on
the inside of the truck) to record it!!

Damn, I wish I was closer to you guys, I love this kinda stuff!

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com