Re: Update / Good Deal!

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 20:11:35 EDT

The pipes are custom bent, Yea they had a little fun getting the around. One
thing about the install is they routed the left pipe over the center of the
rear axle, When the rear bottoms out, pipe and differential just tap each
other :( I went back and they fixed that by adding about 1-2 inches of pipe
in the rise just before the differential. I told them if I have to carry the
spare under the bed.

I just picked up 2 new hangers with rubber isolators to replace the ones
from the muffler shop. All those hangers are is flat metal welded to the
pipe run up, bent 90deg. with a hole and 2 thin rubber washers held onto the
frame with a nut & bolt. My think here is I'm getting a lot of reverb into
the cab at this point. What do I have to lose, the hangers were $3.50 for
both.

--
Don Mallett

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:02:50 -0600 From: "Canucker Trucker" <mal5@ualberta.net> Subject: Re: DML: Update / Good Deal!

I notice the cat-back duals too with the spare tire removed ... was that a kit or was it custom bent? If so, did they have troubles steering around the spare (I'm assuming you can still carry the spare around and you just took it off for the picture)?