RE: Weird problem Hard to explain, pls read !

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 22:53:14 EDT

At 09:57 PM 7/26/02 -0400, you wrote:
>When did they make the in-tank filter non-replaceable?

You're right, Ray. I did some checking and it is still replaceable.
What threw me was recalling someone writing that it was an
integral part of the pump and the only need to replace it is if
the pump is fried.

On the 97 and up, it's not really what we think of as a filter but
just a tiny 'micro' screen to filter out the gunk in the tank.

Thanks for picking that up.

>I also have an in-line filter but presume they did away with that
>when they changed to the return-less fuel system.

Consensus seems to be that the 'filter' went into the tank
on the 94 model.

Bob
Getting close to Nats time:-)