Rear end alignment

From: Alex Ross (blackdak@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 20:29:10 EDT

Is it possible to align the rear end of a truck? The reason I ask is that I
had my Dak at the dealer last week to replace the upper control arm bushings
(they ended up replacing the entire control arms, ball joints and all!).
When I got the truck back, it pulled to the right pretty noticeably. So,
when I took it back this morning, they call and tell me that the front end
is aligned, but the left rear is out of alignment. Said it would cost about
$130-140 to align, including shims! I asked the service rep, you take the
front end of my truck apart, and when I get it back the alignment is off and
you tell me it is the rear end? WTF??? I didn't know you could align the
rear of a truck with a solid axle!?!? Should I take it somewhere else to get
a second opinion?

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd