All wound up about rotors now........

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 23:54:26 EST

OK,I was trying to be nice,but now the gloves are
on,and all bets are off. Let me at you!! :)

Let`s get three things straight,right off the bat.
This is for those who doubt my credentials:

1) I have replaced several brake pads,and three rotors
in my lifetime. So there is little doubt that I think
I know what I`m talking about.
2) Yes,my "formal" brake training may be somewhat
limited,but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last
night. :)
3) Sometimes,I get these magazines,and they have
rotors sometimes,and I can tell by the pictures what
they are. Not all the time.

My main reason for believing that rotors warp,is
because I have been told that. By
hard-working,church-going people. People that are not
ashamed to be called Americans,nor afraid to dream of
a little place called Hope. And they would have no
reason to lie to me. Period. :) Secondly,on my
Dak,when I depress the brake pedal,I can feel a
pulsation that I have,at times,envisioned as being a
warpage. Now it may be that I am actually feeling the
result of what could be considered a molecular
"metamorphosis",if you will,resulting in varying
frictional properties of the disc surface,which could
tend to become exacerbated over time,making the
presumption of warpage all the more tempting,albeit
erroneous. Yes,that is possible. But I feel IN MY
HEART that rotors warp. There is no guage or spec
sheet that can verify a gut feeling. It is something
that I feel deeply inside. And is it not man`s
soulfelt passion that rights the wrongs of the
world,and indeed,sets the benchmark of all that the
frailty of human existence could ever hope to achieve?
Is not the pinnacle of Opus the Achilles Heel of
Odysseus?? Does it not take three licks to get to the
Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

I will now clear my mailbox in anticipation of your
apology.

Steve P.

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm

=====