Re: Trans problem: Does this sound expensive?

From: WP (puzlist@mn.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:14:59 EST

Had the truck at the dealer today. The mechanic said the seals are bad,
and the solution is a rebuild to the tune of $4300. Ouch. For that
price I can rebuild it myself, and rent a car for the time it takes to
get the job done.

I threw in a $3 bottle of 'transmission reconditioner'. I figure it
can't hurt anything at this point. Guess I'll drive it as-is while I
read up on tranny rebuilding.