Re: Upgrades: M1 intake and/or headers

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 22:29:32 EST

Ken

At 05:22 PM 2/11/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Auto with 3.55's

Going by my personal experience (97 CC Sport, 5.2L, auto.),
you'll need, in addition to current mods, headers, a camshaft,
26" drag tires to go with your 3.55 gears, a shift kit and another
pcm to get into the 14.9x. I'm assuming that your current mp pcm
is the 97 CA version. The timing in this pcm is not enough and the
retarded timing at the shift points will hold you back from the 14s.
Shedding as much weight as you can will help although I got 14.9xs
weighing about 4,375 lb. HTH.

Bob