on the topic of rocker arms...

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 16:16:18 EDT

So I'm going through the Mopar catalog putting together a parts list for my
'99 5.2L so I know how much of my bonus will be blown on car parts =)

My question is on 1.7:1 rocker arm piston clearance. The catalogue warns
that the 1.7's may interfere with the pistons and to check clearance. Is
any one successfully running 1.7's on stock pistons? I can imagine high
compression pistons having clearance issues, but I will be running the
ProCharger kit so I want to keep the stock low-compression pistons. I will
also be running the "slightly illegal" cam. It's the one listed just under
the R/T cam (can't recall the part number). That cam has a .486 lift. AND I
will be using the R/T big valve (2.02 intake) heads. I figure low overlap +
big lift + big valves + boost=good clean fun.

Brian
'99 cc 4x4 5.2L