RE: RE: Novi-2000 Dyno #'s

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 22:15:51 EDT

Scott,

Advance only nets you gains to a point in a blower motor, assuming you have
thrown enough I/C, race gas or water-alcohol at the setup to control
detonation. There isn't a whole lot left on the table above 24 degrees and
this has been proven time and again(Ford, Chebby, Dodge, the principle is
all the same). The point of the post was to get people to realize that N/A
timing and S/C timing are two entirely different animals. Shooting for 30-32
total on a blower motor is a waste of time.

What did you walk away with for total advance from The Dyno Shop tune?

For anyone wanting some reading on this stuff, Zora Duntov wrote a good
article thats online. Talks about flame speed in forced indution and how it
relates to timing, negative/net torque etc and includes a nice graph
explaining peak cylinder pressure. Explains it all far better than I can:

http://www.n2performance.com/lectures/internalcombustion.pdf

Bob