off road improvements

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 00:53:32 EDT

breathers:

I know there's one next to the radiator. that's a nice healthy
location. what's hooked up to it? more importantly, what isn't?

as far as I know, the rear diff has it's breather somewhere up under
the bed, which I think I ought to relocate.
I think the EVAP breather is under the battery. I can't quite remember
what that diagram told me, and my manual is out in the truck. it's
either under the battery or through that breather at the radiator.
I'd hope the front diff and transfer case breathe through that nice
high and dry tube?

does anything else vent to the atmosphere? has anyone here relocated
their breathers?

skid plates:

I have no idea what the dodge plates looked like for my truck. I do
know they involved an extra cross-member somewhere.....

I've looked for info online, but only am finding people bitching about
and making steel replacements for the '00+ composite plastic plates.

I'd have no clue where to start designing my own, and don't have easy
access to the means to fab them, but I do know that my truck would
appreciate the fruits of this investigation.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech