Re: injectors

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 00:03:19 EDT

I'm not afraid to tackle any machine work,
so by all means I'm all ears.......

But the truth of the matter is I've looked at quite a few options...........

including trading off the 3.9, (as Tony suggested) but for all the trucks
worth it'll cost more going that route.........(local dealer had a
couple used R/T's including a Silver '01 CC, he only offered me $8k for my
'01 towards that R/T.......had a PRICE of $18k)

so plan B:
ported heads w/studs (have)
cam (have)
timing set (have)
reworked stock intake (in progress)

I have about $1,300 in the above and most of it's been obtained thru trades
and bartering of spare parts I've had laying around from my
Charger..........and it's all paid for.

I've budgeted about $1500.00 for fuel system and suspension upgrades
including a gear swap
to 4:56's........so fiscally I'm ahead of the game by about $7-8k without
starting over on a new truck..............and I know this beast will run
just as good as a mildly modded R/T and perhaps a little better.....

So if I have to spend $500.00 to have it tuned
properly so be it.........

The 3.9 will hold together, Nick Kammer's did and he was running
11's..........I'm only after a 13's with mine and a little fun along the
way!

I think this route makes more sense for me to pursue...........and yes I do
appreciate and respect everyone's opinion............Thanks

Ron-
'01 Dakota Sport RC, 4X4, 3.9
Street ,Strip, and Show