Re: Dual-remote oil filtration system

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 08:21:57 EDT

Mallett, Donald B wrote:

> AMSOIL like any small company, needs to
> work harder and stay on the straight and narrow.
> About the marketing of AMSOIL, Its called "Network Marketing" If you knew
> what or how the "pyramid scams" worked and why they are illegal you would
> know the difference

And they stay on the straight & narrow by having a questionable
multilevel marketing scheme? I looked around some on Google trying to
find out what the deal is behind this Networok Marketing, Amsoil, and
the claims of Amsoil being a pyramid scheme. The only people I found
defending Amsoil's practices are...Amsoil dealers.

> By the way, isn't Wall-Mart and any other store in
> fact, like a network marketing in a round about way? The person working
> putting stuff on the shelves and give their expert advise (opinion) and the
> cashiers up to the store manager to the CEO all are in a chain of making a
> little bit of money off of each item sold?

Nope. Your Wal-Mart analogy is seriously flawed. Wal-Mart associates
are not commissioned, therefore they do *not* make more for every sale.
  Nor do their managers. A Wal-Mart store manager does not make more
money for hiring extra sales associates, and doesn't make more money if
one of his floor associates has a killer day selling in the electronics
department. And a Wal-Mart district manager doesn't instantly make more
money when a new store is opened in his area that falls under his
jurisdiction.

> Just with network marketing, you
> control you own life and living your own dreams!

I think I saw that same phrase in half the junk email I got this
morning. Does it really hold water?

> As a dealer of AMSOIL
> myself, I feel the products are worth the extra buck or so. By the time I
> figure in the discount for being a dealer, the tax breaks for owning my own
> business..... Yea its worth it! In fact here is my web site....
> www.lubedealer.com/mallett. No I'm not spamming anyone here. In fact in
> close to year of being a dealer this is the first I mentioned anything
> about.

Again, the only people I can find defending Amsoil's practices are
Amsoil dealers.

The only difference I can see between an pyramid scheme and Amsoil's
"network marketing" is that in the pyramid scheme, there's usually no
actual product, while Amsoil will really ship you something.

By contrast, the more Amsoil you sell, the more money the guy who
recruited you gets. And the guy who recruited him, and so on.

How much does it cost Amsoil to have so may layers of payout, from the
top of their organizational pyramid all the way down through the full
recruiting chain to the person actually making the sale? There may be a
dozen people in there doing no actual work who get a cut of every sale
the new guy makes. How much less expensive would the product be then?
Which would put it within reach of more consumers.

It may not be a technically illegal pyramid scheme, but it's a shady
business practice I don't want to touch.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------