Fittings for rear anti-lock pressure modulator valve-- 0r can I bypass it?

From: wachmo@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 01:09:43 EDT

I have a 92 longbed 2wd with 318. A brake line popped on me, it is the line
that goes from the pressure modulator to the flex line. Unfortunately, the
brake line and the adapter that goes to the modulator have become one, so I
need a new adapter. No local parts stores have it, not in any brake shop, but
my Mopar dealer will gladly sell me a new modulator valve for about $260 plus
tax, but has no fittings. At 190k miles in New England weather, I would not
hesitate to replace it if I had not been laid off in August.

Since I have already replaced another line on the truck, it is time to finish
them all. My questions are: Does anyone know of a source for these fittings?
If I bypass the modulator and run new lines into the flex line, am I going to
be stuck with a brake failure light on the dash? (That would negatively effect
my abilily to pass inspection in January.) Oh, why do I have an apparent vent
tube that goes from the T connector on the axle to...nowhere?