Re: my personal pressing todos

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 22:00:40 EDT

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 03:00 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I'll be up in the Fredonia area (near "my" Autozone) on Wed - if
> you would like me to go in and order anything in person for you just
> let me know.

I just got back from mine. they had it in stock
/me does a happy little AZ-praising dance

> I may have missed a couple of posts here, so you may have
> already checked with the dealer, but if not you might want to
> give that a shot. I checked Tenafly's site and wasn't able to
> come up with anything, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean
> they aren't available.

I checked at Cortese Dodge here in ROC, and found out that Mopar calls
it "one piece" from the trans to the radiator. I don't want to think
of the hell that it must be to navigate a hard line that long out and
in. it's either $61 or $26 depending whether it's pressure or return.
Not a bad price, but a 10 foot solid section of line would not be a Fun
Thing To Deal With.

> Another possible option is, when I replaced
> the corroded transmission cooler lines on my Mom's Olds 98,
> I purchased some short pre-flared tubing sections at Autozone to
> connect to the trans and trans cooler. At the end of every section
> of that hard line, I put an adapter that converted the flare
> fitting to NPT, then put an NPT to hose barb adapter on that,
> and ran rubber transmission hose for most of the length. The
> Dakota's set up may be different though; that might not work.

I don't think I can get away without flaring the existing line. I
should be able to pick up a 45вк flare tool at Sears. I have hose and
barb fittings and hose clamps from the oil filter kit, but I need to
pick up flare nuts and NPT adaptors to complete that. Will my favorite
Ace have that sort of thing? I've never bought anything quite like
that.....

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech