Re: Tonneau Cover

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 22:18:34 EDT

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 08:12 PM, Matthew Intihar wrote:

> Yes, I'm still here, and I'd be glad to give you some info on my
> tonneau.
> It's actually an Access Roll-up cover. Bought it about two years ago,
> and it's holding up very nicely (especially in these Minnesota
> winters).
> It was expense at $400, but I think that the Access covers were
> replaced
> by Truxedo and they run around $350 now. So far I haven't had any
> problems with it. I think the only moderate deal is that you have to
> loosen it in the winter so it doesn't stretch and become too loose
> (although I haven't done that; I just pull it tighter in the summer:)
> It
> keeps the bed dry for the most part, and I really like the ease of
> putting it up. Just unvelcro the sides and roll it up. Other than
> that,
> I don't know what else there is; let me know if you have any more Q's.
> HTH!
>
> Matthew
> '92 CC 3.9L 4x2 auto
> AR-767 w/Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar 275/60R15

Matthew. Thanks for getting back on this. I am pretty sure Access is
still around selling them (that's how I have seen that cover on the
net) and I am pretty sure they are also Literider covers also since the
website design is identical. They may well have licensed the design to
Truxedo also but I don't know.

How is the cover when closed for leaving the top of the bedrails
exposed? I have a lite bar that I am going to be installing on my truck
and want to make sure that when the cover is closed it is inside the
rails like it looks like. I did notice the dial tensioners in the back
so that is a nice feature for quick adjustment of the cover. How much
does it flap around and how well does the latch secure it? It looks
like there is a hidden release under cover in the very back and thought
that was cool. Also, does it make a good seal to the tailgate while
still being fairly easy to open?

Sorry for all of the questions but I really like theh design and think
it will work well with my lite bar.

Jeff Durling

p.s. Nice Gen II. I have a '96 myself and love the truck.