Re: Decrease in gas mileage

From: Dale Schultz (d.schultz@sympatico_NOSPAM_.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 21:07:19 EST

Hi:
You stated that you don't push the truck at that hard. The down side of
this is carbon build up. When it builds up in the combustion chamber it
raises NOx levels which will be noticeable on an emissions test (do you
have those where you live?). Carbon can also plug other passages in the
engine and coat the O2 sensor. I use on-ramps to regularly de-carbon my
engine, nothing like a WOT launch into traffic to keep the inurds clean ;-)

Did you notice if the check engine light even came on?

Dale