Header Gasket

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 14:14:02 EST

Couple of things... I blew my passenger side Header Gasket last week. I'm running Positive Performance Headers on the 5.2L. Where can I get some replacement gaskets? And then the tough question, what do you think it will take to get them replaced if I do them myself. Due to welding involved, and lack of time, I had the originals installed at a local shop here. Looks to me like there are 6 bolts holding the header in place (some are rather rough to get to). Once I pull those out, should it come out enough to replace the gasket, or will I need to unbolt it from where it hooks up to the Y-pipe (that's really ugly to get to!). Once I get it in, do I need to use some sealant on the gaskets? Thanks for any input!

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L