Re: Dakota Fuel Pump Wooooaaaaaaa's

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 23:22:05 EDT

""Ronald Taylor"" <scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> The Tech decides after looking the pump module over and the New Holley
kit,
> that this is the wrong kit, tells his shop foreman That I'm full of @#&%
and
> that this will not work.....
>
> I get a call at work that this is the wrong pump and it won't work with
this
> Truck and that they are going to put it back together and I'm to come get
> it..........."Ok .....I'll come get it"

Why didn't you have them call Holley just to verify that it was the correct
part? They already had the thing apart, it would have been easy enough to
finish the install once the nice people on the Holley tech line told them
that they were tards.

> Fearing that they destroyed the stock pump module, I get a NEW Mopar pump
> relayed from a dealership via a Napa parts transfer from a sister store of
> the store I work at.

Why? You already had another pump that *should* have worked, correct? I
dunno, maybe I'm missing something in the thought process here, but this
just doesn't make sense to me.

> I called a friend who has yet another shop, (this guy did my original
> install of my Supercharger) he arranges for a New pump from Powerdyne to
be
> OVERNITED for tomorrow and is going to Flatbed the Dakota to his shop
where
> he say's he'll fix it..........it should be back in running condition on
> Friday.

Why didn't you just have the new pump installed by this shop? They were
already familiar with your setup. It would probably have been a one stop
upgrade, and you would have avoided all of the hassles involved with moving
the vehicle from shop to shop - incurring new charges at each.

> I estimate that a simple install of a hi-volume pump that should have cost
> me about $220.00 installed
> has cost me almost $700.00-$800.00 and I still have the stock volume
> system..........

I don't know how to comment on this without coming off condescending so I'm
going to leave it alone. I will say that I think it could have been avoided
with more time spent on planning.

I'm glad that your truck will be up and running again by friday, and am
sorry that you've had to deal with the big hassle over the past few days.
Hopefully, everything will go smoothly if/when you decide to revisit this
mod.

Also, I apologize if this came off a bit harsh, it was not my intent to
flame you.

- Josh