Re: Re: Pushrods for high lift cams or 1.7 rockers

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 16:49:24 EDT

At 12:51 PM 8/17/04, you wrote:
>Crane makes the 1.7 Alum RR kit.
>Personally I'd spend for an adjustable pushrod. Determine length required
>for best geometry, then order up a set with the correct ends and length.
>Some of the R/Ters have used "some" Mustang pushrod with their cams.
>HTH TonyC

Thanks, Tony.

My son and I actually thought of adjustable pushrods. The '01 MP catalog
shows ones for the magnum engine. I could not find out much about
them but we took a chance and ordered them in. They came in today
and I went over to the dealer (came from Warren MI) to pick them up.
They are 5/16" and my need was 3/8". Parts person that I deal with
did not charge me anything for not taking them :-)

I then went over to a nearby speed shop and order some from Crane.
I found out that they have a set just like the ones in the MP/Crane
roller rocker kit but are longer, 6.875" vs 6.812". It's not ideal
but should do a better job.

Bob