Re: 46RE question

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 10:26:51 EDT

<cdavis82@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I am new to the list so please forgive me if this has been asked before.
> have a 99 Dakota 318 4X4 with the 46RE transmission. I am having a slight
> delay before it will shift into overdrive. 4 to 5 seconds. This problem
> started after a recent long road trip. The fluid still seems fine (no grit
and
> the color is good). It does seem to shift a little quicker the closer I
am to
> WOT. Anyone's thoughts on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Casey Davis

Have all other things remained the same? If this issue is with the OD
engagement only, that could mean several different things. I know that
there are some parts out there that'll correct the OD delay (apparently the
OD passageways were made a little small in these transmissions). You
mentioned that shifts at WOT occur faster.... is this OD engagement or all
shifts?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L