ask first, destroy later

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 22:22:17 EDT

So, given my recent learning experience (aka bending pushrods and valve
stems), I thought I'd ask some other questions here first. :)
I have the cylinder heads at the machine shop now, and I'm staring at my
engine block and the mess that's visible. With nearly 100K miles on the
engine, the piston heads look terrible along with the cylinder walls. In
addition, there is a lot of water/antifreeze in the cylinder that must have
come out of the heads when they were removed. There is also the issue of
removing the stuck on gasket material. What can I do to get all of this
cleaned up before the heads come back in a few days?
Thanks for any help,
Mark