Lackluster performance (Was: Can't Rev past 3400)

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 08:57:39 EDT

I don't know what kind of ram you have so I'll ask, is it a RC, LB, 2X or
4X4, QC? This all will have an effect. My brother has a 2003 Ram with the
3.7L auto configuration. And I have a 92 Dakota with a 3.9L, both are long
wheelbase. His a LB, RC mine a SB, CC. I was really impressed by his
motor in that full-size. He routinely pulled 20+" enclosed trailers full of
DJ equipment (Not a few speakers, a full blown setup) and had no issues. I
think you seem to be having a hard time adjusting to the motors design (High
RPMs) and it being in a big truck. Comparing a compact with a 3L V6 just
isn't fair. I never compared my Dakota to my gfs old Turbo DSM, because
they were two totally different types of vehicles. I usually hate when
others say this but it's a truck, not a pocket rocket. And when you get a
V6 full-size feel free to use the RPMs they gave you. It won't blow up
prematurely unless you make it.